Lavaca County 4-H Shooting Sports will hold its registration and mandatory orientation meeting on March 7, 2023 at Appelt’s Hill Gun Club Hall, 4071 County Road 204 north of Hallettsville at 6:00 pm. This will be for first time participants in the 3rd to the 12 grade. Instruction will be given by certified 4-H instructors. There will be no make- up registration or orientation.
Please contact Phil Guenther 979-743-1620 or Wayne Rother 361-798-0135 with any question.
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE!!! (these rules are from the 20-21 season –updates will be provided at the mandatory meeting)
YOU MUST register on line as a 4-H member through 4-H Connect. Youth & Adult Leaders
http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/ then go to 4HCONNECT https://texas.4honline.com/ you must register!
- Everyone is required to attend a safety course or refresher annually
- All on range required to wear eye and ear protection
- There must be a 4-H certified instructor present for the discipline being shot.
- NO YOUTH WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN SHOOTING ACTIVITIES UNLESS HE OR SHE IS ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT, GUARDIAN, OR “DESIGNATED ADULT”.
- All registration and liability/medical forms must be completed and signed by the youth and the parent before one is allowed to participate. Follow COVID PREVENTION RULES
- One unexcused absence is allowed. The Shooting Sports committee is the final judge if the absence is excused.
- Pay supply fee: $10 Rifle or Pistol plus if new, $18 for book.
- Parents, please oversee your children that are not on the line. NO CLIMBING TREES!
- Shooting glasses, Ear Plugs or Muffs, Discipline book if new to discipline. 22 LR ammo provided.
- Firearms are provided or you may use your own after they are approved by your instructor
Dress comfortably but modestly. 4-H guidelines will be adhered to. Closed Shoes are required. No flip-flops, sandals etc., Shirts/Blouses must have sleeves